Zen Den Wellness, The Zen Den, LLC and Marianna Giokas
This Participant Contract and Release, Waiver and Indemnity of Agreement (hereinafter “Agreement”) is entered into by Participant, signed below, and Zen Den Wellness, The Zen Den, LLC and Marianna Giokas (hereinafter “Organizers”). In consideration of being permitted to participate in the activities (“Program”) involving Breathwork (“Breathwork”), Emotional Freedom Technique (“EFT”), and Meditation (“Meditation”). The Parties hereby agree as follows:
- Breathwork, EFT, and Meditation are intended as a personal growth experience and should not be looked upon as psychotherapy. These activities can involve intense experiences accompanied by strong emotional release.
- This Agreement is made and entered into under the laws of the State of California and the United States and shall be interpreted, governed and enforced under and pursuant to these laws. The term of this Agreement is to continue so long as treatments continue with Participant.
- With respect to Breathwork activities or Program, Participant certifies that he/she does not present any of the following contraindications:
- Detached retina
- Uncontrollable blood pressure
- Cardiovascular disease, including but not limited to history of heart attack
- Use of prescription blood thinners
- History of aneurysms
- History of strokes, TIAs, seizures or other brain/neurological condition
- Prior diagnosis of bipolar disorder or schizophrenia
- Prior hospitalization for any psychiatric condition or emotional crisis
- If you have any doubt about whether you should participate in any Zen Den Wellness activities, consult your physician or therapist as well as a Facilitator before attending. Participant also certifies that if he/she has asthma that he/she has consulted with his/her medical provider and has brought his/her inhaler.
- Participant knows, understands and acknowledges that Organizers and/or Zen Den Wellness Facilitators and/or Apprentices are NOT physicians, psychologists, or healthcare professionals, and that Breathwork, EFT, and Meditation are NOT intended to treat or diagnose, and do NOT include treatment for or diagnosis of, any illnesses, disease or disorders, whether physical, mental, psychological or emotional.
- Participant acknowledges, understands, and agrees that this Agreement, and all of the releases, terms and conditions contained herein, shall apply with equal force and govern any future Breathwork, EFT or Meditation Programs, both in-person and online, in which participant partakes with Organizers thus obviating the need for me to sign this Agreement each and every time I partake in any of those activities or events. Participant further agrees to bring any changes in their Medical condition to Organizers’ attention before participating in any activities.
- Participant agrees to assume full responsibility for his/her own physical, emotional and mental health and hold harmless Organizers, and/or any Zen Den Wellness Facilitators and Apprentices working with Organizers at the Program from any physical, emotional and/or mental damage that may be attributed to it.
- Participant further holds harmless the Organizers from any and all loss, injury, damage or cost which may arise out of or in connection with participation in the Program.
- Participant acknowledges that he/she has been advised (a) concerning the types of activities which will be engaged in during the Program, and understands the risks and difficulties that may arise during the Program; and (b) that if Participant feels too uncomfortable to continue at any point during the Program, he/she is to stop immediately and check in with Organizers before continuing. Participant understands that he/she may decline to do any of the activities. Participant understands that by executing this release and engaging in the Program, he/she is assuming those risks which are inherent to the activities involved.
- Participant agrees to keep confidential any comments, shares or experiences by other participants.
- Participant understands and agrees that he/she is attending and participating in the Program at the discretion of Organizer, which attendance and/or participation can be terminated at any time without being informed of the reason therefor. Participant may not record – audio or video – any of these sessions or any persons participating therein. Still photographs will not be taken of any person except with the advance consent of the person being photographed.
- Participant waives, releases and discharges any and all claims, rights, lawsuits, and/or causes of action which he/she now has or which may arise out of or in connection with participation in the Program as well as which may arise out of or in connection with Participant’s participation in the activities associated with the Program against Organizers. Therefore, under no circumstance will Participant prosecute or present any claim for personal injury, property damage or any other cause of action against Organizer and/or and participating Zen Den Wellness Facilitators and Apprentices.
- This agreement is binding on Participant’s heirs, assignees, dependents, personal representatives and estate.
- Should any provision of this Agreement be held invalid or illegal, such illegality shall not invalidate the remainder of this Agreement. In that event, this Agreement shall be construed as if it did not contain the invalid or illegal part, and the rights and obligations of the parties shall be construed and enforced accordingly.
I have read this agreement and understand it contains release of all claims language for injuries and damages and I have either consulted an attorney or, at my sole discretion, elected not to do so. I voluntarily sign my name evidencing acceptance of the provisions of this agreement. If English is not my native language, I have either studied enough English to be able to read and understand this agreement, or I have had this agreement explained to me in my native language.